Thursday, October 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Surprise

After the stir. 

It came to the point last year, at the West Whitman Estate, where I didn't bother picking the ants out of my cereal. They wore us down. Relentless. Alban actually declared Jihad during the first quarter, but we were too cheap to seek a permanent fix, and by spring I was used to the occasional sour-burst in my Raison Bran. I even started looking forward to it.

Joy jumped me after I opened the peanut butter jar and found that the ants had invaded.



I hesitated. (It was the last of my peanut butter. I was hungry.)



Grabbing my knife, I moved in to scoop-flank some of the dark-invaders, but they had claimed to much turf, so I decided mid move, like a frugal truck-stop diner, to stir and serve.

Gorilla As tea-time special: Peanut Butter Banana Ant-Sprinkle Sandwich. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm currently waging battle in my kitchen... it escalated quickly because the "poison" initially attracts ants so they can take it back to their nest and kill the whole bunch. However, they like the stuff so much that the entire kitchen in now incapacitated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the makers of your "poison" are laughing somewhere North of me.


    Worker: "This poison looks like sugar."

    Boss: "It is."

    Worker: "Oh."

    Boss: "Ants love sugar."

    Worker: "But aren't we supposed to kill the ants?"

    "..."

    Boss: "You're fired."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was fighting these little termite looking things in my bathroom for awhile. I would usually discover them when i was getting ready to take a shower. Two creatures battling to the death in the raw. exhilarating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah. I have so done that - swiped the ants out of my peanut butter. Although I think the worst thing was last year when they ants decided the new best thing was my toothbrush. Literally. Everyday. I washed my toothbrush out with soap, then with bleach, then tried to hang my toothbrush from various things. Never worked. What was I gonna do - buy a new toothbrush twice a day? I think not :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hardcore. You would do well in the jungle in Peru. Sometimes I think we ate more insects than actual regular food.

    ReplyDelete