Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Some Lines

Sometimes lines get stuck. They get trapped in our brain and bounce around like a golf ball in a brick oven.

Sometimes lines resonate. They hit our soul like a wind that shakes the whole tree from its roots to its hands.

Sometimes lines refract. When held to the light they prism-cast several shades of meaning and insight.

Sometimes lines breathe. They have a pulse that takes us by the wrist into slower paces of thinking.

__

Haven Films has begun pre-production for their next film project. While brain storming and dream casting, a line got stuck. I'm sure it's been used somewhere. I even googled it to see if it's been used. I'm worried I saw it in a movie or read it in a book or something but forgot when and where and now think it's original. I might come across it some time, we'll see. But for now it's in the vault –– SIV 2012 Storm Pad.

Camp Ida-Haven August 6, 2011. Saturday night final edit, crunch time.
Phillip and Jon are two of the most creative and genius people I know. 

Contents copyright © 2012 by Haven Films

1 comment:

  1. Interesting... I can relate: sometimes I get a particular shot stuck in my head (currently it's a low-dolly over jungle grass while men swing machetes). Are you working at the Idahaven this year?

    P.S. That's a good picture. Healthy blue light should be bathing every video editor.

    ReplyDelete