Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day to Day



Creativity! You absurd, you bird, you free bird, you poppycock herd, you terd!  Why is it you always hide and go when I need you to show? Yo, you and your bro, Getupandgo, energy, initiative, see it-start it and make it grow. Yeah, why is it you two slow when I need you the most? It's the down times, the staring-at-the-screen-times, the half-your-class-skipped-final times, the kicking-against-the-goad times, the low-light-can't-sleep times, it's these times, those times, this time, when I need you the most time.  But it's these times, sometimes, most times, when I throw up a pray for your ghost to hover over me, like she did at the beginning of time over the waters -- like a mother hen over her uncracked sons and daughters. I don't need a world, just enough to keep pecking, and night checking, and role taking, and plan making, to push past an off-tone, no tone, monotone sort of drone,

day to day.

I need creativity to give it a birth day work day good day kind of day feel, where the kids can hustle and cuss and put up all sorts of fuss, but the pushers and testers and stressers and stuff somehow can heal (them and me) and free us to be like birds who start our day chirping creativity. C'mon. Please!

1 comment:

  1. Haha the half-your-class-skipped-the-final time must have called for some very creative measures! Haha

    ReplyDelete